Buildings must provide a good standard of living for its users, by offering digital services that make life easier for the people who pass by, visit and work there, as well as those who operate and manage it. Based on its findings and expertise in digitalisation, data and construction, onepoint and its partner SpinalCom, are now developing and offering the Connect Building offer, a new standard in the design and construction of buildings. This will be a new repository: not only in its conception and construction of smart and sustainable buildings, but also in the way of understanding and integrating technologies for the benefit of a fluid user experience and creating a positive impact. Thus, Connect Building offers:
- a platform which around the building’s digital twin, creates a unique experience based on data and artificial intelligence.
- a methodology and tools for the design and implementation of a Smart Building dedicated to the well-being of its users.
Connect Building: the data and AI platform
Our Connect Building platform supports the needs of the building’s users, by providing the appropriate technical responses and technological building-blocks:s
- A digital twin Operating System that serves as a building-wide data orchestrator and enables all IT / OT / IoT systems to be converged and interoperable.
- A set of connectors and API Gateway that we integrate as we move into the overall architecture and according to the needs expressed in the context of the project.
- A data base allowing the creation of dedicated services and its applications, for occupants as well as for third parties, with great flexibility and scalability for each building over time, and over its entire lifespan.
- An open Marketplace providing our customers great flexibility of choice, with the option of adopting applications and solutions offered by the market or opting for native onepoint and Spinalcom applications dedicated to occupants, operators and site managers, to owners and managers of assets.
- The ability to develop an Immersion Center, for various simulations, either with existing data, or with hypothetical data generated to test different scenarios (development, flow, etc.). These demonstrators are based on generative design coupled with mixed reality solutions, and feed into the Immersion and Experimentation Center of new spaces.
- Intelligent devices allowing buildings to adapt to the user context without the user having to interact with a medium, but also to respond to problems such as electro-sensitivity, the pace of work or attractiveness.
- Onepoint connect® Artificial Intelligence and advanced analysis solutions to enable continuous improvement of the experience over time, and to mitigate the risks of rapid obsolescence of equipment and technologies.
Connect Building: a dynamic digital twin of the built environment
|Connect Building offers you the possibility of providing all (owners, builders, operators, users, etc.) with interfaces fully integrated into buildings and dedicated to their energy performance, predictive maintenance, minimisation of operating costs and the well-being of users. The Connect Building architecture also provides access to optimised tools for managing all assets, including dashboards, a hypervisor and decision support algorithms. Connect Building is therefore presented as the dynamic digital twin of the building. We have designed this offer, composed of a unique methodology and an open platform, to allow our clients and real estate stakeholders to value and benefit from data at each stage of the life cycle of their buildings. The data will be used to maximise the life of the building, first by offering users new services that improve their well-being (that provide the possibility of predictive maintenance or even – let’s dream a little, in the not-so-distant future – the car repair of some building components). In addition, the data collected through the digital twin improvesperformance, thereby enhancing the well-being of all building users. Connect Building, augmented with artificial intelligence, makes it possible to maximise the standard of living in the building by offering users, due to the analysis of the data that exists in the building, new services to enhance their well-being, regardless of the type of building: residential, healthcare, office, etc.|
Connect Building: a smart digital twin
Beyond the presence of sensors and automatons, an intelligent building, as we conceive it, is intended to be empowering and innovative: it values and takes advantage of data to make all of its users more independent and offer them the ability to: finely control the energy performance of a site or building, measure their carbon footprint, anticipate and simplify maintenance, manage its characteristics and site in real time for the purpose of economical and qualitative management for the occupants, easily identify an incident or a fault and speed up the support process, adapt the configuration of spaces to external and climatic hazards, facilitate and improve the living experience within the building, etc.
Three ecosystems coexist for the development of sustainable and intelligent building projects:
Context: what is relative to the building itself, whether in its architectural aspects or in its systems
Experience: what relates to the experience that we want to give to the users of the building, whoever they are
Technology: what relates to the computer architecture and the technologies that will support the intelligence of the building
Our approach responds to a triple challenge:
- Create synergy between ecosystems to allow them to work together and collectively achieve the desired goals
- Allow each ecosystem to carry out its own activities in synergy with other ecosystems
- Capitalise at each stage to ensure harmony in the construction of the different spaces, industrialise the design and construction process around a system design and minimise project costs
To meet these three challenges, our approach breaks down as follows:
- The first step is analysing the existing situation and including the process in your organisation and governance to avoid any disruptions that could impact the project=
- A second stage of contextualisation and joint movement of ecosystems
- Sprints bringing together participants from the three ecosystems for design, prototyping, iterations and validation of choices (Proof of Concept (POC), Immersion Center, etc…
- Realisation and implementation sprints, which can be specific to a single ecosystem or to several
- Joint continuous improvement workshops The operation of the sprints and the entire process is shared and achieved over time so that you become independent in its operation.